We are delighted to invite applications for a Programme Grant in the field of stroke, which will be awarded jointly between the Stroke Association and the British Heart Foundation.
Applications must be directly related to stroke illness, and must have a vascular focus. Suitable examples include:
- cerebral vascular imaging
- stroke prevention - primary or secondary
- vascular dementia
- stroke epidemiology
therapies relating to vascular symptoms, for example:
- antiplatelet therapies
- prevention or treatment of cerebral haemorrhage
- detection and treatment of cerebral aneurysm
- detection and treatment of carotid artery or vertebral artery lesions Unfortunately, non vascular focused applications, for example those focusing on rehabilitation or the consequences of stroke, non angiogenic brain tissue regeneration or non vascular neuroscience will not be considered.
In line with the Stroke Association's policy, applications involving animal experiments will not be considered. Please also note that PhD studentships cannot be applied for on this grant.
The award is for up to five years, with an interim review at the half way point.
Initially, outline applications will be reviewed by a sub-committee of the Stroke Association and the British Heart Foundation. If shortlisted, full applications will go through an external and further internal peer-review process.
The maximum award amount will be £1 million in total.
Awards are tenable only at Universities, NHS Trusts, Statutory Social Care Organisations or other Research Institutions within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland