If you are a stroke survivor who is suffering from the financial impact of stroke we are here to help. Our Life After Stroke Grants can provide a one off payment of up to £300.
So whether its heating costs, respite care or helping you to get the right tools for a new hobby we want to support you to make the best possible recovery.
How to apply
Our grants are means tested to ensure we are helping those most in need. To apply for a grant, simply contact us by using the email address for your locality below or ask for support via your health, social care or other professional contact (i.e. occupational therapist, health visitor, Citizen’s Advice Bureau) and they will apply on your behalf.
If you are part of one of our Life After Stroke Services, ask your co-ordinator about our grants and they would be able to apply on your behalf if you meet the criteria.
- East Midlands - GrantsEMid@stroke.org.uk
- East of England - GrantsEastEng@stroke.org.uk
- London - GrantsLondon@stroke.org.uk
- Northern Ireland - GrantsNI@stroke.org.uk
- North East - GrantsNE@stroke.org.uk
- North West - GrantsNW@stroke.org.uk
- Scotland - GrantsScot@stroke.org.uk
- South Central - GrantsSCen@stroke.org.uk
- South East Coast - GrantsSE@stroke.org.uk
- South West - GrantsSW@stroke.org.uk
- Wales- GrantsWales@stroke.org.uk
- West Midlands - GrantsWMid@stroke.org.uk
- Yorkshire and Humberside - GrantsY&H@stroke.org.uk
Royal Mail Group has chosen to support the Stroke Association as its Charity of the Year between 2014 – 2016.
The company aims to raise at least £2 million for the Stroke Association over the course of the partnership, with every penny raised ensuring that we can provide recovery and activity grants to support 10,000 stroke survivors and their families.
We cannot fund:
- Private medical treatment
- Labour costs (other than installation of white goods) including item removal and structural alterations
- Nursing home fees other than for respite care
- Debts and rent arrears
For more information about other benefits you may be entitled to, see our Benefits and financial assistance resource sheet.