We work hard to listen and respond to the needs and views of clubs and groups. One way that we do this is through the Stroke Club Consultation Group. Made up of representatives from around the UK, the group meets to discuss areas of common interest, such as issues and challenges facing groups and how to work together to improve local support. The group is striving to become the central voice of clubs and groups within the Stroke Association.
12 volunteers (one from each English region and one from Wales and Northern Ireland) make up the group and represent the views of clubs and groups in their area. National and regional staff support the group too.
- North West (Chair)- John Mills, Knutsford & District Stroke Support Group
- North East - Paul Catterson, County Durham Stroke Club
- East Midlands - Stuart Grange, Stroke Association Kettering and District Stroke Club
- West Midlands - Liz Topliss, Sutton Coldfield Stroke Club
- London – Abdul Shakoor, Newham Stroke Club
- South Central – Richard Fraser, Buckingham Stroke Support Group
- South East Coast - John Steele, Friends of Walton Day Centre Stroke Group
- South West – Bob Yexley, Ferndown Stroke CLub
- Yorkshire & the Humber – Mick Speed, Shipley Stroke Club and Kathy Lingwood, Grimsby Young Stroke Support Group
- Wales - Penny Evans, Penarth & District Stroke Support Group
- Northern Ireland: Derek Short - Cookstown Stroke Support Group
If you’re a member, volunteer or committee member of a local stroke support club or group and would like to be considered a representative on the group, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for representatives from these regions:
- East of England, covering Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- North Wales, covering Isle of Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham.