medical recors

TalkStroke closes on 5 February 2018

As My Stroke Guide has grown into a trusted online stroke community and support tool, we’re closing TalkStroke and asking you to register for My Stroke Guide. It will be easier for you to get all the online support you need, all in one place.

This unique, custom-built tool gives you the opportunity to create your own social profile, make friends with other users and message them directly. There are many ways to interact with one another, such as using the My social forum, posting on the public social wall and joining specific groups based on your interests.

We hope you register for My Stroke Guide, which is quick, easy and takes no longer than five minutes. You can register whenever you want to – either before 5 February or after the closure. You’ll benefit from using all the new features and keep the conversation alive in a supportive and welcoming community.

We’d like to thank you for all your commitment to TalkStroke and we hope you join us soon on My Stroke Guide, our trusted online stroke community and support tool.

If you have any questions, please call us on 0300 222 5707 or email us on

Does anyone know if you can request your medical details, ct scan etc regading your stroke ?

Thanks Karen

Hi Karen

Do you mean the actual ‘picture’ or CT image ? It’s a good question but I’m afraid I’m not actually sure.

When I spoke to my GP he printed out the official report, from I presume the NHS servers, which detailed exactly what had been found. Admittedly that was for my MRI rather than CT but it may be worth asking your GP.

Appreciate that’s not the answer to the question you were asking but it may be a start.


Thanks Kris, I will ask my GP or maybe ask the consultant at the hospital. Its so i can understand it a bit better, when i did ask they just said my BP/




Charity information

Stroke Association is a Company Limited by Guarantee, registered in England and Wales (No 61274). Registered office: Stroke Association House, 240 City Road, London EC1V 2PR.

Registered as a Charity in England and Wales (No 211015) and in Scotland (SC037789). Also registered in Northern Ireland (XT33805), Isle of Man (No 945) Jersey (NPO 369).