We have answered a number of frequently asked questions regarding Life After Stroke Services below. If you don't find the information you are looking for then, please contact us at services@stroke.org.uk

Why do services have to be commissioned for the public to be able to have access to them?

Our Life After Stroke services can only be made available to residents in commissioned areas due to the funding, resources and infrastructure required to set up and deliver a service in a locality.

A service I would like is not available in my area. Can I arrange for this service to be paid for privately?

Our Life After Stroke Services are not currently available privately, but you can choose private health treatments for stroke. More information, including organisations that can assist you in your search for a safe and reliable private treatment, is available in our Private Treatment factsheet.

How can I find out if a service is in my area?

Our services across England, Wales and Northern Ireland are funded by Health or Social Care (free to the public) and may differ depending on where you live (Please note: our approach in Scotland is different as we work in partnership with other organisations to develop services that meet the needs of local communities).

Find out what support is available in your area.

Why can I not have access to My Stroke Guide?

My Stroke Guide is currently only available to people who live within an area where there is a Stroke Association service supported by the Local Health Board or authority, and/or the NHS via a contract. This is because the tool has been designed to be accessed with the support of a Stroke Association Coordinator in order to monitor and assist recovery.

How can I find out more about applying for a Life after Stroke Grant?

Find out about how to apply for a grant by emailing: Grants.External@stroke.org.uk. You can also ask for support from your Health, Social Care or other professional contact (such as an Occupational Therapist, Health Visitor, Citizen’s Advice Bureau) and they will apply on your behalf. 

Fint out more about Life After Stroke Grants.

How can I make a complaint/comment about a service in my area?

We understand that sometimes things can go wrong. Please let us know if you are unhappy with any aspect of the service you receive from us so that we can deal with any problems quickly and effectively.

As a first step, we suggest that you raise the issue informally with your Stroke Association Coordinator or your local office. We will do everything we can to put things right.

However, if you are not happy with the response you get or would like to make a formal complaint, please email us at quality@stroke.org.uk, or call 01158 713949.

I am a commissioner. Where can I get more information about these services?

If you would like more information about our Life After Stroke Services, please contact us at services@stroke.org.uk

Together we can conquer stroke!

Further information