Someone in the UK has a stroke every five minutes, and each year we provide support, information and advice to over 100,000 people. As a charity, we rely on the generosity of the public to ensure that we can be there for people who are living with the devastation that stroke can bring. Protecting our supporters is of the utmost importance to us.
We talk to our supporters in many different ways, including appeal letters, telephone calls, raffles, TV advertising and online via our website. We are enormously grateful to everyone who supports us and we want to make sure everyone we come into contact with feels respected and valued.
Our promises to you
- We listen to and respect the wishes of our supporters. If you tell us you want to change the way you hear from us or don't want to hear from us again, then we will respect your decision and do as you request.
- We treat our supporters as individuals and value each contribution that is made.
- We want to develop long-lasting relationships with all new and existing donors.
- We believe every donation makes a difference. Should something not go according to plan, we will acknowledge when we make mistakes and will put things right.
- Our communications will be honest, truthful, and transparent, as will the information on how we use your donations and the funds we raise.
- We will never sell your personal data to anyone else. Furthermore, we will never share your data without your permission.
- We only phone people with whom we have an existing relationship or who have already given us consent to contact them.
- Your donation will be processed efficiently and promptly and acknowledged by letter or email.
- We welcome and actively encourage supporter feedback from you in order to improve what we do.
- We take complaints very seriously and will acknowledge your complaint within 48 hours and aim to resolve it within 20 days. If you have a complaint please contact in the first instance: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We always monitor and evaluate the companies and people that act on our behalf. We ensure they meet our high expectations and standards of supporter care.
- We aim to exceed your expectations with the level of service we provide.
If you want to contact our friendly Supporter Relations team you can email email@example.com or call 0300 3300 740.
We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator the UK's independent regulator of charitable fundraising. The Fundraising Regulator works with charities and suppliers to build commitment to best practice in fundraising. Charities registered with the Fundraising Regulator follow a fundraising code of practice so that donors can give with confidence.