Let’s bake a difference!
Baking is a fun and easy way to raise vital funds to help rebuild lives after stroke. The idea is simple: across the UK, amazing fundraisers like you will don your aprons and bake some delicious sweet or savoury treats – but if you’re pushed for time, we don’t mind if you bake it or fake it. If it’s easier to pop to the shops, we promise not to tell anyone! Then get together with your friends and family to host your bake sale.
We’re there to support stroke survivors and rebuild lives after stroke, but we need your help to continue to do that. A bake sale might seem like a small step, but we value every donation, big or small.
Sign up today to receive your welcome pack filled with decorations, inspirational stories, fundraising tips and much more.
Reasons to bake
Every five minutes, someone in the UK has a stroke. That is over 100,000 strokes a year. Depending on which part of the brain is affected, you may suddenly face communication and physical difficulties, or you may find that your emotions and personality are affected. The impact of a stroke can be completely life-altering.
We’re here to support stroke survivors and rebuild lives after stroke, but we need your help to continue to do that.
- Just £10 could allow a stroke survivor to attend an art therapy group, a setting in which communication and creativity are used to encourage both recovery and quality of life.
- £56 could cover the costs of setting up a new volunteer, so they are ready to support voluntary groups in their community.
- £130 could help pay for research into new stroke treatments, as we did with thrombolysis - a clot-busting drug that returns the blood supply to the brain, a treatment that has greatly helped stroke survivors who have received it.
- £250 could pay for one hour of Helpline activity, helping the families of stroke survivors support their loved ones after stroke.
- £525 could help pay for a block of communication support workshops, empowering stroke survivors to achieve the best possible level of communication, improving confidence and independence.
And remember, you’re not on your fundraising journey alone! Your bake sale will be part of Give a Hand and Bake across the UK - imagine what a difference hundreds of people like you will make when all your efforts come together.
Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives, together we’ll rebuild them.
Paying in your donations
When all the cakes have been eaten and the washing-up is done – it’s time to send in your donations!