Making a one-off donation by text
Text 'Stroke 5' to 70300 and donate £5 today.
Your donation could help our National Stroke Helpline team to give life-changing advice to a caller struggling to cope after the trauma of stroke.
Texts cost £5 plus your standard network rate. We will receive 100% of your gift.
Making a regular donation by text
Text LIFE to 70300 to subscribe to donate £3 monthly.
Your monthly donation could help provide practical and emotional information, advice and support to a person following their stroke.
Texts cost £3 plus your standard network rate. We will receive 100% of your gift. If you want to stop your gift at any time, simply text STOP to 70300.
Text service provider: Vir2 (vir2.co.uk). Tel: 0330 66 00 425.
Donate once terms and conditions
Donate monthly terms and conditions
- Text LIFE to 70300 to donate £3 monthly terms and conditions
- Text STROKE to 88008 to donate £5 monthly terms and conditions
- Text FIGHT to 70020 to donate £3 monthly terms and conditions
- Text FIGHT to 70030 to donate £4 monthly terms and conditions
- Text STROKE to 78866 to donate £5 monthly terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for LOST text donations
Your support will cost £3 plus your standard network message charge. We receive 100% of your text donation.
- You will be charged £3 plus one message at your standard network rate.
- Please ensure you spell the SMS keyword carefully: LOST and send your text message to the correct shortcode: 70300.
- If your keyword and shortcode are valid, and your text message is received whilst this campaign is active you will be charged £3 via a bounce-back message. The charge will appear on your mobile phone bill or be taken from available funds on a pay as you go phone (PAYG).
- If your keyword or shortcode are invalid, or your text message is received after the campaign or promotion has finished, you may still be charged your standard network message charge. However you will not be charged £3 and you will not be donating to the Stroke Association. All supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a SMS text message.
- Please ensure that you don't send more texts than you can afford or your mobile network will allow. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to send a SMS donation to us.
- The Stroke Association, Vir2 or their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any mobile telephone network or line, system, server, mobile provider or otherwise which may result in any SMS text being lost or not properly received.
- This service is available to Vodafone, Orange, O2, 3 (Three), T-Mobile and Virgin users only.
- This service is available in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales only.
- The SMS service is provided by Vir2 (vir2.co.uk) if you have any queries regarding the service, please contact the Stroke Association at the following address:
Stroke Association, 1 Sterling Business Park, Salthouse Road, Northampton, NN4 7EX. Alternatively please call 0300 330 07 40.