Be part of our very first Escape the City Bike Ride this September to help us conquer stroke. If you rode in our Thames Bridges Bike Ride in previous years this event is perfect for you.
Join us on Sunday 30 September 2018 and take on our fantastic new cycling challenge that's set to be a brilliant day out.
All routes will still start and finish at Kings House Sports Ground in Chiswick, but swap the hustle and bustle of central London for the serenity of Surrey’s country lanes. Don't be fooled by the quiet pace though, these routes are challenging for any hero. View the route maps.
Whether you have lots of cycling experience or are more of an amateur, there’s something for everyone. There will be three route options; Tourist (30 miles), Sportsperson (60 miles) and Hero (80 miles). On completion of the ride, you can join your friends and family back at the event hub to celebrate your success.
As part of #Team Stroke you will receive:
- chipped timing and race numbers
- fully signed route
- route files sent in advance
- support from crew to assist with medical/mechanical issues
- refreshment stops
- finishers medal
- post-event entertainment at our event hub
- regular emails filled with fundraising and training tips.
Early bird prices until 29 July
- Tourist riders (30 miles) – £25 registration fee (normally £35)
- Sportsperson riders (60 miles) – £45 registration fee (normally £55)
- Hero riders (80 miles) – £45 registration fee (normally £55)
Although we don’t have a minimum sponsorship target for this event your registration only helps us to cover the cost of us putting on the event and therefore we rely on your fundraising to keep up our work - so please raise what you can, to help us to continue to support those affected by stroke.
Would you like have the VIP experience on the day? All you need to do is raise £250 or more before the 9 September 2018 and we will offer you:
- A glass of fizz when you cross the finish line
- Fast track entry to a free massage by professional therapists
- A free hot meal to fuel your success
- Free medal engraving to remember the day
So don’t delay and get your JustGiving page set up today!
What could be better than cycling along Surrey’s country lanes than taking part as a team? Cycling with fellow riders will make the experience even more enjoyable and you have the support of each other along the way, so that you all manage to reach that finish line. If you want to take part as a team of 10 or more you will be able to get a discount of £5 per person on your registration fee, a saving of at least £50.
(Early bird prices finish Friday 29th July at 5pm)