Take action on stroke and join us at one of the largest gatherings of stroke survivors in the UK. If you have a personal connection to stroke then join like-minded people and be inspired at this two day event. This is a great way to join the stroke community to have your say on stroke, share experiences and hear developments in stroke care and research.
Date: Monday 1 July – Tuesday 2 July 2019
Venue: Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Time: Monday 11:00am until Tuesday 4:00pm
Whether you are a stroke survivor, carer or supporter of clubs and groups, these events are your opportunity to be inspired, build friendships and try something new. This interactive and inspiring conference includes talks and workshops delivered by stroke survivors and stroke professionals, an exhibition, evening dinner and much more.
You do not have to attend all the talks. There will be plenty of time to rest, meet others or visit the exhibition.
With you in mind
We know that attending an event like this might not be easy or something that you have done before. We have carefully chosen a venue that is accessible and designed a programme that allows you time to rest. We ask for the views of those affected by stroke when making these decisions.
The Radisson Blu East Midlands hotel, has a chic and contemporary style and is known for its outstanding services. It has spacious meeting rooms with good accessible facilities that are suited to this event. It is conveniently located near to the East Midlands airport in Derby, with good access from the M1 and close to the surrounding cities of Derby, Nottingham and Leicester.
Read more about the hotel on the Radisson Blu East Midlands site.
Accommodation on Monday night is included in your residential ticket price. All rooms are ensuite, some with a large walk in shower. (There is approx. a 10cm step into the shower). Twin rooms and baths are available upon request.
- There are a limited number of fully accessible bedrooms with wet room bathrooms.
- Please only ask for a fully accessible bedroom if a standard room would not meet your needs.
- If you have requested an accessible room we will contact you to discuss how best we can support you.
Please contact us if you have any questions or you would like to book an additional night's accommodation.
Stroke survivor/carer/family – Early bird rates (until 28 April)
- Two day residential ticket £60 per person
- One day ticket £25 per person
Stroke survivor/carer/family - Full rate (28 April – 10 June)
- Two day residential ticket £80 per person
- One day ticket £35 per person
Professionals/ staff - Full rate (28 April – 10 June)
- Two day residential ticket £200 per person
- One day ticket £100 per person
Residential tickets include:
- All talks and workshops.
- Access to the exhibition.
- Refreshments throughout.
- Lunch and a three course dinner on day one.
- Breakfast and lunch on day two.
- Overnight accommodation.
Booking closes on Monday 10 June 2019.
How to book and pay
To book your place at this event you must complete a booking form for each person attending the event. Your place is not booked until we have received your booking form AND your payment.
Ways to book:
- Complete an online booking form. You will need an email address to book online.
- Complete and return a standard booking form via post or email
- Complete and return an accessible booking form via post or email
- Call 01527 903 717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paper form to be emailed or sent to you in the post, or to complete a form over the phone
Ways to pay:
- Pay by debit/credit card when you complete the online booking form
- Call 01527 903 717 during office hours and pay by debit/credit card
- Post a cheque made payable to the ‘Stroke Association’ to the address below. Put your full name and the reference ‘UKSA Central’ on the back of the cheque.
Once we have received your booking form and payment you will receive a confirmation by email. A pre-event information pack will be sent to you in June.
If you have any questions, please contact us on 02890 508 021 or email@example.com
Our postal address is:
Life After Stroke Centre