Take action on stroke and join us at the first UK Stroke Assembly, Wales. This new one-day event will bring together those affected by stroke and aphasia living in Wales to have their say and influence future campaigns, share experiences and hear the latest developments in stroke care and research.
This event is an opportunity for stroke survivors, carers or those involved in a stroke support group to meet like-minded people and share their own experiences.
- Date: Wednesday 15 November 2017
- Venue: Copthorne Hotel Cardiff, Copthorne Way, Culverhouse Cross, Cardiff, CF5 6DH
- Time: 10am (Registration from 9am) – 4pm
- Find out more about UK Stroke Assembly events.
The interactive and inspiring conference includes talks, workshops and an exhibition, and will be aimed at people affected by stroke from Wales. There'll be three plenary talks as well as a number of workshops, delivered by stroke survivors and stroke professionals. Take a look at our programme for more information (also available in Welsh).
With you in mind
We know that attending a conference might not be easy or something you've done before so we've carefully chosen a venue that's accessible to suit your needs and designed a programme that allows you time to rest. We work with those affected by stroke when making these decisions to ensure everything works for you.
We've kept ticket prices as low as possible but if you need support covering the costs of attending please contact us for more information about bursaries.
Accommodation on Tuesday 14 November
All bedrooms are ensuite (bath with shower over). There are two semi-accessible bedrooms, available on a first-come, first-served basis, which has handrails, a lowered sink and lowered bath. A hoist is available on request. Please only request a fully accessible bedroom if a standard room would not meet your needs.
Alternative accommodation is available nearby at a Premier Inn and Travelodge. Both have a limited number of accessible bedrooms. Please contact the UKSA admin team on 029 2052 4407 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about accommodation and prices.
- Stroke survivor/carer/family: £10 per person
- Professional/staff: £40 per person.
- all talks and workshops
- lunch and refreshments
- access to the exhibition.
How to book and pay
To book your place at this event you must complete an online booking form or a paper booking form for each delegate attending the event. Your place is not booked until we have received your booking form and your payment.
Ways to pay:
- Pay online by debit/credit card by using the form at the bottom of the page. This page is also available in Welsh.
- Call 029 2052 4407 during office hours and pay by debit/credit card.
- Post a cheque made payable to the Stroke Association, with your booking form, to Matthew O’Grady, Stroke Association, Unit 8, Cae Gwyrdd, Greenmeadow Springs Business Park, Tongwynlais, Cardiff, CF15 7AB. Put your full name and the reference ‘UK Stroke Assembly Wales’ on the reverse of the cheque.
Ways to book:
- Complete an online booking form in English
- Complete an online booking form in Welsh
- Complete and return a booking form via post or email
- Call 029 2052 4407 or email email@example.com to request a paper form to be emailed or sent to you in the post, or to complete a form over the phone.
Booking closes on 23 October 2017. Once we've received your booking form and payment you will receive a confirmation by email. A pre-event information pack will be sent to you in early November.
Get in touch
If you have any questions, please contact us:
- Post: Matthew O’Grady, Stroke Association, Unit 8, Cae Gwyrdd, Greenmeadow Springs Business Park, Tongwynlais, Cardiff, CF15 7AB
- Phone: 029 2052 4407
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To pay for your place please add your ticket type to your basket and then go to the top of the page to checkout.