About this service
If you've already had a stroke or transient ischaemic attack (TIA or mini-stroke), or if you've been told that you may be at high risk of stroke, we're here to help.
Our coordinators will help you reduce your risk of stroke by working intensively with you to plan realistic lifestyle changes. This could include giving up smoking, exercising more frequently, or eating less salt.
This service offers:
- one-to-one sessions to identify and explain your stroke risk factors
- support for you in making positive lifestyle changes which can help reduce your risk of stroke
- regular exercise and lifestyle groups and support from trained volunteers
- the opportunity to regain confidence
- signposting to other organisations that could help.
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes), families and carers of people affected by stroke, and those at risk of stroke, living in Bedford.
If you are unable to find a suitable service or group in your area, contact our Stroke Helpline on 0303 3033 100, or email email@example.com, and we may be able to put you in touch with alternative support.