If you or someone you know has had a stroke, you will understand the impact it can have on a daily life, from mobility problems and communication difficulties to emotional changes.
You are not alone. Come along to your local stroke group and meet others who have been affected by stroke. You will be able to share your experiences and tips for dealing with stroke, as well as enjoying a range of activities.
What does your local stroke group offer?
- Information about stroke and local services that might help
- Support for you, your friends and family through a range of social activities.
- Help in regaining your confidence after a stroke
- A warm welcome and a friendly face
- The opportunity to talk to someone who understands because they’ve been through it too
- The Group will meet alternate Fridays at the Community Centre 13:00 - 15:00 and alternate Fridays will be a pub lunch 12:00 - 14:00 to give members a choice of what kind of venue they feel most comfortable with and can attend either or both.
The group meets weekly on Fridays. Alternately at Bevan Lee Community Centre and a local pun for lunch.