About this service
The Birmingham and Solihull Stroke Recovery Services provide high-quality information, practical advice and emotional support following a stroke. Whether you are a stroke survivor, carer or family member, we will begin working with you after a stroke. We will continue to provide the support you need, both at home and in the wider community.
This service offers:
- Coordinated support throughout your stroke journey.
- Support to improve communication skills.
- Home visits.
- Leaflets, factsheets and information about Life after Stroke Grants and benefits.
- Help with returning to work.
- Assistance with accessing local leisure and social activities.
- Support for carers, and links to other organisations and networks.
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors over the age of 18 and families and carers of people affected by stroke who are registered with a Birmingham and Solihull GP.