About this service
Our service provides high quality information, practical advice and emotional support in the aftermath of a stroke. We begin working with a stroke survivor and their family in hospital immediately following a stroke, and will continue to provide the support people need within their own homes and back into the community.
The service is available for stroke survivors, their families and carers living within Bridgend County (AMBU Health Board).
This service offers
- life after stroke support
- home visits
- leaflets and factsheets and information about Life after Stroke grants and benefits
- help with returning to work
- assistance with accessing local leisure and social activities
- support for carers and links to other organisations and networks
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes) of any age as well as the families and carers of people affected by stroke, living in Bridgend County.