About this service
If you or someone you care about has had a stroke, our service can provide practical advice, essential information and emotional support. We’ll work closely with you to assess your needs, set your own goals and support you to achieve them as you recover. Our service supports people who are more than 6 months post the date of their stroke.
Support within the first 6 months is provided by Buckinghamshire Healthcare Trust Stroke Team, who can be contacted on 01494 426307.
This service offers:
- coordinated support throughout your stroke journey
- home visits from a dedicated support coordinator
- leaflets, factsheets and information about Life after Stroke Grants and benefits
- help with returning to work, and appropriate referrals to other services that can also help
- assistance with accessing local leisure, social activities and our network of support groups
- support for carers, and links to other organisations and networks.
Who is this service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes) of any age, and families and carers of people affected by stroke, living in Buckinghamshire. To access the services you must either live in Buckinghamshire or be registered with a Buckinghamshire GP surgery.
If you are unable to find a suitable service or group in your area, contact our Stroke Helpline on 0303 3033 100, or email email@example.com, and we may be able to put you in touch with alternative support.
Visit our Stroke Cafés
We have a number of stroke cafés in the area that offer long term support to people affected by stroke. It's a great chance to meet others, help build confidence and socialise within a relaxed café setting. Family, friends and carers are all welcome.
High Wycombe Stroke Café
High Wycombe Museum, Priory Avenue, HP13 6PX
Meets second Tuesday of every month, 10am – 12pm
Princes Risborough Stroke Café
The Potting Shed, Aylesbury Road, Princes Risborough, HP27 9LY
Meets third Wednesday of every month, 10am – 12pm
Aylesbury Stroke Café
Queens Park Arts Centre, Queens Park, Aylesbury, HP21 7RT
Meets fourth Thursday of every month, 2pm – 4pm