About this service
Our service provides high quality information, practical advice and emotional support in the aftermath of a stroke. We begin working with a stroke survivor, their carers and their family immediately following a stroke, and will continue to provide the support people need, for as long as they need it – within their own homes and back into the community.
This service offers:
- life after stroke support
- home visits
- leaflets and factsheets and information about Life after Stroke grants and benefits
- help with returning to work
- assistance with accessing local leisure and social activities
- support for carers and links to other organisations and networks
- support in group setting or on a one-to-one basis with opportunities to practice communication and gain confidence.
Who is the service for?
Information, advice and support for stroke survivors and their families/carers covering Canterbury, Whitstable and Herne Bay.