The Childhood Stroke Support Service is available for children, families and young people affected by stroke in childhood.
The Service is a part of the Child Stroke Project - a collaboration between the Stroke Association and Evelina London Children's Hospital.
The service provides:
- Information about stroke in childhood and related diagnoses.
- Advice about local services and follow-up that families may find useful.
- Support navigating health, social care and educational processes.
- Advocacy for young people and families in accessing the services they need.
- Emotional support in adjusting to the impact of stroke.
- Signposting to peer support networks for parents and young people.
- Information for professionals supporting young people affected by stroke.
- Information about events and awareness raising opportunities.
To access the service please contact Anna Panton.
Resources and information can also be found on the Childhood Stroke webpage.