About this service
Our Communication Support Service works with stroke survivors and their carers who are living with the effects of communication difficulties, to create opportunities to develop communication strategies, help rebuild confidence and get back to life after stroke.
What the service offers
- support in a group setting or on a one-to-one basis at home from our coordinator and trained volunteers
- the opportunity to practice communication and gain confidence in dealing with everyday situations
- information, advice and emotional support
- assistance with accessing local leisure and social activities
- signposting to other organisations that could help.
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors and their carers who are living with the effects of communication difficulties in Croydon.
Communication Support Service group meetings
Croydon Communication Support Service
First and third Thursdays between 10.30am-12.30pm at Elizabeth Court, 1 The Avenue, Croydon, CR0 5PA
Croydon Young Stroke Group
First Tuesday of the month between 10.30am - 12.30pm at the George pub, 17-21 George Street, Croydon, Surrey CR0 1LA
Aphasia Cafe First and third Thursdays of the month between 10.00am-12pm at The George Weatherspoon’s pub, 17-21 George Street, Croydon CR0 1LA. Meeting at the very back of the pub.