About this service
East Berkshire Stroke Recovery Service provides high-quality information, practical advice and emotional support following a stroke. Whether you are a stroke survivor, carer or family member, we will begin working with you after a stroke. We will continue to provide the support you need, both at home and in the wider community. Our service also offers six-month post-stroke reviews to people across East Berkshire.
This service offers:
- Coordinated support throughout your stroke journey.
- Home visits.
- Leaflets, factsheets and information about Life after Stroke Grants and benefits.
- Help with returning to work.
- Assistance with accessing local leisure and social activities.
- Support for carers, and links to other organisations and networks.
- A six-month review to establish if there are any health, medical, social and emotional needs that are still unmet at this time.
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/ mini-strokes) of any age, and families and carers of people affected by stroke, living within the boundaries of East Berkshire, including Windsor, Maidenhead, Ascot, Slough, Bracknell and surrounding villages.
If you are unable to find a suitable service or group in your area, contact our Stroke Helpline on 0303 3033 100, or email email@example.com, and we may be able to put you in touch with alternative support.
Visit our stroke cafe
Come along to our free drop-in group for support, conversations and advice. During each cafe, there will be opportunities to talk to other stroke survivors along with a coordinator from the Stroke Association. The cafe will last for two hours, from 1pm - 3pm. You're welcome to join us for all or part of the session. For further information, email EastBerkshire@stroke.org.uk or call 01344 306177.
Stroke Cafe Address (free parking on-site)
Holiday Inn Express
71 Alma Road
Session dates and themes
- Monday 11 November 2019
- Monday 9 December 2019
- Monday 13 January 2020