About this service
Our Communication Support Service works with stroke survivors and their carers who are living with the effects of communication difficulties, to create opportunities to develop communication strategies, help rebuild confidence and get back to life after stroke.
What the service offers
- Support in a group setting or on a one-to-one basis at home from our Coordinator and trained volunteers.
- The opportunity to practice communication and gain confidence in dealing with everyday situations.
- Information, advice and emotional support.
- Assistance with accessing local leisure and social activities.
- Signposting to other organisations that could help.
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors and their carers who are living with the effects of communication difficulties. The service covers East Sussex including Lewes, Eastbourne, Bexhill, Hastings, Polegate, Hailsham and Seaford.