The Stroke Recovery Service provides tailored long-term support from hospital to home by addressing the practical, emotional and physical needs of stroke survivors and carers. We'll work with you and the people you care about to identify your support needs and plan how these will be met, enabling you to make the best possible recovery.
This service offers
- Hospital and home visits from a dedicated coordinator.
- Where possible, a risk assessment before hospital discharge.
- Assessment to identify your support needs.
- A personalised recovery plan to support your recovery from stroke.
- Practical and emotional support for carers and families.
- Access to tools to help you manage your care.
- Information leaflets and factsheets.
- Advocacy support where required.
- Access to our network of support groups and longer- term support in your local community.