About this service
If you've already had a stroke or transient ischaemic attack (TIA or mini-stroke), or if you've been told that you may be at high risk of stroke, we're here to help.
Our coordinators will help you reduce your risk of stroke by working intensively with you to plan realistic lifestyle changes - such as giving up smoking, exercising or eating less salt.
What the service offers
- One-to-one sessions to identify and explain your stroke risk factors.
- Support for you in making positive lifestyle changes which can help reduce your risk of stroke.
- Regular exercise and lifestyle group and support from trained volunteers.
- Opportunity to regain confidence.
- We can refer you to other organisations that can also help.
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes), families and carers of people affected by stroke and those at risk of stroke living in Hull.