About this service
Our core service provides high quality information, emotional support and practical advice in the aftermath of a stroke. We begin working with a stroke survivor and their family immediately following a stroke, and will continue to provide the support people need, for as long as they need it – in hospitals and care homes, within their own homes and back into the community.
What the service offers
- Initial home/hospital visits to stroke patients.
- Help for families and carers with the transition from hospital to home.
- Emotional support, advice and information.
- On-going contact and support for stroke survivors, families and carers.
- Information and advice about help from health and social services, voluntary organisations as well as finance and benefits.
- Signposting and links to local groups and other services.
Who is this service for?
This service is for people living in the following areas on West Hertfordshire:
Berkhamstead, Borehamwood, Chorleywood, Harpenden, Hemel Hempstead, Potters Bar, Rickmansworth, South Oxley, St Albans and Tring.
For more information please contact Alan Kerby or Gemma Bamford.
Alan's working hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10.00am to 4.00pm and Friday from 10.00am to 1.00pm. Alan can be contacted on 01923 232309 or 07515 596786.
Gemma's working hours are Monday & Tuesday 9.00am to 4.00pm, Wednesday 10.00am to 4.00pm and Thursday 9.00am to 2.00pm. Gemma can be contacted on 01923 232309 or 07540 513517.
This service runs a weekly yoga group on Monday from 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
Please contact the Hertfordshire office on 01923 232309 for further information about this group.