About this service
Our core service provides high quality information, emotional support and practical advice in the aftermath of a stroke. We begin working with a stroke survivor and their family immediately following a stroke, and will continue to provide the support people need, for as long as they need it – in hospitals and care homes, within their own homes and back into the community.
This service offers:
- initial home/hospital visits to stroke patients
- help for families and carers with the transition from hospital to home
- emotional support, advice and information
- ongoing contact and support for stroke survivors, families and carers
- information and advice about help from health and social services, voluntary organisations as well as finance and benefits
- signposting and links to local groups and other services.
Who is this service for?
Isle of Wight Stroke Recovery Service is for people living on the Isle of Wight.