About this service
Our service provides high quality information, practical advice and emotional support in the aftermath of a stroke. We begin working with a stroke survivor and their family immediately following a stroke, and will continue to provide the support people need, for as long as they need it – in their own homes and back into the community.
The service is available for stroke survivors, their families and carers living in Leeds.
What the service offers
- Life after stroke support
- Home visits
- Leaflets and factsheets
- Information about Life after Stroke grants and benefits
- Help with returning to work
- Assistance with accessing local leisure and social activities
- Support for carers
- Links to other organisations and networks.
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIA's/mini-stroke's) of any age, and families and carers of people affected by stroke.