Support recovery with My Stroke Guide
Stroke can change your life in an instant. Whether it’s happened to you or someone close to you, My Stroke Guide is here to help support recovery.
My Stroke Guide gives you free access to trusted information about different types of stroke, risk factors and secondary conditions, as well as advice on prevention and improving your own health. You can find practical tools and over 200 videos, to help you to understand stroke and manage its effects. This includes a dedicated section for family and friends which provides information on the impact of stroke and advice about supporting loved ones.
Our online community connects you to thousands of others so you can share stories and tips, and find out how they manage recovery.
My Stroke Guide can help support recovery, no matter where you live, 24/7.
Join thousands of stroke survivors and carers.
How My Stroke Guide can help
95% of users would recommend My Stroke Guide to others affected by stroke*. It provides the resources and information people affected by stroke need to support recovery. Discover the stories of stroke survivors, carers and healthcare professionals who have used My Stroke Guide, and how it has benefit them and their loved ones:
- Hear how My Stroke Guide helped Claire realise there is life beyond stroke.
- Find out how Bill benefited from the information about driving on My Stroke Guide.
- Read about how My Stroke Guide supported Heidi and her daughter Grace.
- Learn how Rick uses My Stroke Guide to practise communication skills.
- Hear from stroke support professional Harvinder, who has seen real improvements in stroke survivors using My Stroke Guide.
- Find out why clinical psychologist Camille has been introducing her patients to My Stroke Guide.
*8 week survey post-registration. 156 users took part in this survey.
If you don’t feel confident with technology or need help getting started, we're on hand to support you. Email us at email@example.com.
The Stroke Association would like to thank the Nominet Trust for their generous grant originally enabling us to develop the content for the My Stroke Guide self-management tool.