Support recovery with My Stroke Guide
Rebuilding your life after a stroke can be tough – now more than ever. My Stroke Guide can help, no matter where you live, 24/7.
My Stroke Guide gives you free access to trusted information about different types of stroke, risk factors and secondary conditions, as well as advice on prevention and improving your own health.
You can find practical tools and over 200 videos, to help you to understand stroke and manage its effects. This includes a dedicated section for family and friends which provides information on the impact of stroke and advice about supporting loved ones.
Our friendly, online forums connect you to others from the comfort of your own home. They are a great place to share your stroke experience and find out what others are doing to combat feelings of isolation and anxiety about the future.
Join thousands of stroke survivors and carers.
How My Stroke Guide can help
93% of users would recommend My Stroke Guide to others affected by stroke*. It providers resources and information to support the recovery of people affected by stroke. Discover the stories of stroke survivors, carers and healthcare professionals who have used My Stroke Guide, and how it has benefited them and their loved ones:
- Hear how My Stroke Guide helped Claire realise there is life beyond stroke.
- Find out how Bill benefited from the information about driving on My Stroke Guide.
- Read about how My Stroke Guide supported Heidi and her daughter Grace.
- Learn how Rick uses My Stroke Guide to practise communication skills.
- Hear from stroke support professional Harvinder, who has seen real improvements in stroke survivors using My Stroke Guide.
- Find out why clinical psychologist Camille has been introducing her patients to My Stroke Guide.
* 8-week survey post-registration in which 518 of 556 people surveyed said they would recommend My Stroke Guide.
User guides and leaflets
Read or download the following guides and leaflets to support you or a loved one on My Stroke Guide:
If you don’t feel confident with technology or need help getting started, we're on hand to support you. Email us at email@example.com
The Stroke Association would like to thank the Nominet Trust for their generous grant, originally enabling us to develop the content for the My Stroke Guide self-management tool.