About this service
North Staffordshire Stroke Recovery Service provides high quality information, practical advice and emotional support following a stroke. Whether you are a stroke survivor, carer or family member, we will begin working with you after a stroke. We will provide telephone support to assist you in your recovery when you are back home. This will include help to identify appropriate support in the wider community.
This service offers:
- Coordinated support throughout your stroke journey.
- Regular telephone calls to support your recovery.
- Leaflets, factsheets and information about Life after Stroke Grants and benefits.
- Help with returning to work.
- Assistance with identifying local leisure and social activities.
- Support for carers, and links to other organisations and networks.
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes) of any age, and families and carers of people affected by stroke, living in North Staffordshire, including Newcastle-under-lyme, Kidsgrove, Biddulph, Leek, Cheadle and Staffordshire Moorlands.
If you are unable to find a suitable service or group in your area, contact our Stroke Helpline on 0303 3033 100, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we may be able to put you in touch with alternative support.