About this service
Our service provides high quality information, practical advice and emotional support in the aftermath of a stroke. We begin working with a stroke survivor, their carers and their family immediately following a stroke, and will continue to provide the support people need, for as long as they need it – within their own homes and back into the community.
What the service offers
- Initial home/hospital visits to stroke patients.
- Help for families and carers with the transition from hospital to home.
- Emotional support, advice and information.
- On-going contact and support for stroke survivors, families and carers.
- Information and advice about help from health and social services, voluntary organisations as well as finance and benefits.
- Signposting and links to local groups and other services.
Who is this service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes) of any age, people with disabilities caused by stroke, and families and carers of people affected by stroke, living within Portsmouth City and whose council tax is payable to Portsmouth City Council.