About this service
If you or someone you care about has had a stroke, our service can provide advice and support to help recovery. We’ll work with you and the people you care about to identify your needs and plan how these will be met, enabling you to make the best possible recovery.
This service offers:
- hospital and home visits from a dedicated coordinator
- assessment to identify your support needs
- a personalised plan to support your recovery from stroke
- regular reviews to track your progress
- practical and emotional support for carers and families
- access to tools to help you manage your care.
You'll also receive:
- information leaflets and factsheets in a range of different languages
- advocacy support when required
- access to our network of support groups and longer term support in your local community.
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes) of any age, people with disabilities caused by stroke, and families and carers of people affected by stroke, living in Reading.