About this service
Our service provides high quality information, practical advice and emotional support in the aftermath of a stroke. We begin working with a stroke survivor, their carers and their family immediately following a stroke, and will continue to provide the support people need, for as long as they need it – within their own homes and back into the community.
This service offers:
- initial home/hospital visits to stroke patients
- help for families and carers with the transition from hospital to home
- emotional support, advice and information
- ongoing contact and support for stroke survivors, families and carers
- information and advice about help from health and social services, voluntary organisations as well as finance and benefits
- signposting and links to local groups and other services.
Who is this service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes) of any age, people with disabilities caused by stroke, and families and carers of people affected by stroke, living within the borough of Slough.