About this service
South West Essex Stroke Recovery Service provides high quality information, practical advice and emotional support following a stroke. Whether you are a stroke survivor, carer or family member, we will begin working with you after a stroke. We will continue to provide the support you need, both at home and in the wider community.
This service offers:
- coordinated support throughout your stroke journey
- home visits
- leaflets, factsheets and information about Life after Stroke Grants and benefits
- help with returning to work
- assistance with accessing local leisure and social activities
- ongoing support for families and carers, and links to other organisations and networks.
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes) of any age, and families and carers of people affected by stroke, living in South West Essex.
For more information, please contact:
- Phone: 01702 543602 / 07940107844
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 07392082768
- Email: email@example.com
If you are unable to find a suitable service or group in your area, contact our Stroke Helpline on 0303 3033 100, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we may be able to put you in touch with alternative support.
Working Age Support Groups - for stroke survivors under the age of 65.
- Monday (fortnightly) 10am to 11.30am at Towngate Theatre Cafe, St Martins Square, Basildon, Essex, SS14 1DL.
- Friday (fortnightly) 10:30am to 12pm at Woodys Cafe, Thurrock Garden Centre, South Road, South Ockendon, Essex, RM15 6DU.
- Wednesday (weekly) 1.30pm to 3pm at The George Hurd Day Centre. Audley Way, Basildon, Essex, SS14 2FL.