About this service
South West Essex Stroke Recovery Service provides high quality information, practical advice and emotional support following a stroke. Whether you are a stroke survivor, carer or family member, we will begin working with you after a stroke. We will continue to provide the support you need, both at home and in the wider community.
This service offers:
- Coordinated support throughout your stroke journey.
- Home visits.
- Leaflets, factsheets and information about Life after Stroke Grants and benefits.
- Help with returning to work.
- Assistance with accessing local leisure and social activities.
- Ongoing support for families and carers, and links to other organisations and networks.
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes) of any age, and families and carers of people affected by stroke, living in South West Essex.
For more information, please contact:
- Phone: 01702 543 602 or 07940 107 844
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 07540 513 416
- Email: Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to find a suitable service or group in your area, contact our Stroke Helpline on 0303 3033 100, or email email@example.com, and we may be able to put you in touch with alternative support.
Working Age Support Groups - for stroke survivors under the age of 65.
- Monday (fortnightly) 10am to 11.30am at Towngate Theatre Cafe, St Martins Square, Basildon, Essex, SS14 1DL.
- Friday (fortnightly) 10.30am to 12pm at Woodys Cafe, Thurrock Garden Centre, South Road, South Ockendon, Essex, RM15 6DU.
- Wednesday (weekly) 1.30pm to 3pm at The George Hurd Day Centre. Audley Way, Basildon, Essex, SS14 2FL.