About this service
Southampton Stroke Health Promotion and Engagement works directly with members of the public to disseminate health promotion messages and raise awareness of stroke, including how to prevent a stroke, the effects of stroke and how to recognise a stroke (FAST).
The service also aims to ensure that people who have had a stroke, and their carers, are meaningfully involved in the planning, development, delivery and monitoring of stroke services.
What the service offers
- Stroke Prevention advice and support for people who have had a stroke, their family and carers.
- Promoting ways to reduce the risk of a stroke.
- Referrals and signposting to other services and support eg smoking cessation.
- Practical and emotional support.
- Assistance with access to local leisure and social activities.
- The opportunity to have your say on your experiences of local stroke services and to help re-shape future stroke service developments.
Who is this service for?
This service is available to people living in Southampton whose council tax is payable to Southampton City Council.