About this service
Southampton Stroke Health Promotion and Engagement works directly with members of the public to disseminate health promotion messages and raise awareness of stroke, including how to prevent a stroke, the effects of stroke and how to recognise a stroke (FAST).
We also strive to ensure that people who have had a stroke, and their carers, are meaningfully involved in the planning, development, delivery and monitoring of stroke services.
This service offers:
- support for you in making positive lifestyle changes which can help reduce your risk of stroke
- promoting ways to reduce the risk of a stroke
- practical and emotional support
- the opportunity to regain confidence
- signposting to other organisations that could help.
Who is this service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes), families and carers of people affected by stroke, and those at risk of stroke, living in Southampton, whose council tax is payable to Southampton City Council.
If you are unable to find a suitable service or group in your area, contact our Stroke Helpline on 0303 3033 100, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we may be able to put you in touch with alternative support.