About this service
The Stroke Health Improvement Service covers Carmarthenshire and is funded by Hywel Dda Health Board. The service provides:
- stroke information
- health promotion advice
- attendance at information days giving out stroke information
- checking blood pressure throughout the county.
Clinics for stroke survivors and their families are held at various GP surgeries and home visits are carried out to those who cannot attend their surgery.
This service offers:
- home visits
- leaflets, factsheets and information about Life after Stroke grants and benefits
- help with returning to work
- assistance with accessing local leisure and social activities
- support for carers
- links to other organisations and networks.
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes) of any age as well as the families and carers of people affected by stroke, living within Carmarthenshire. This includes: Carmarthen, Ammanford, Glanaman, Burry Port, Penygroes, Llanelli, Brynaman, Pembrey, Llandovery, Llandybie and Kidwelly.