About this service
If you've already had a stroke or transient ischaemic attack (TIA or mini-stroke), or if you've been told that you may be at high risk of stroke, we're here to help.
Our coordinators will help you reduce your risk of stroke by working intensively with you to plan realistic lifestyle changes - such as giving up smoking, exercising or eating less salt.
What the service offers
- One-to-one sessions to identify and explain your stroke risk factors.
- Support for you in making positive lifestyle changes which can help reduce your risk of stroke.
- Regular exercise and lifestyle groups and support from trained volunteers.
- Opportunity to regain confidence.
- We can refer you to other organisations that can also help.
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes), families and carers of people affected by stroke and those at risk of stroke living in West Norfolk.
West Norfolk Stroke Prevention groups
Healthy Living Programme
This service runs six week blocks of a healthy living programme on a Wednesday from 10.30am to 12.30pm at South Lynn Community Centre, 10 St Michaels Road, King’s Lynn, Norfolk PE30 5HE
Relaxation Sessions for Carers
This service provides relaxation sessions for Carers at venues in Downham Market or Hunstanton.
Tai Chi Group
This service runs eight-week blocks of Tai Chi classes at South Lynn Community Centre on Thursday from 11am to 12pm.
For more information, please email Diana West: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07983499510