About this service
Sunderland Stroke Recovery Service provides high quality information, practical advice and emotional support following a stroke. Whether you are a stroke survivor, carer or family member, we will begin working with you after a stroke. We will continue to provide the support you need, both at home and in the wider community.
The service offers:
- Coordinated support throughout your stroke journey.
- Home visits.
- Leaflets, factsheets and information about Life after Stroke Grants and benefits.
- Help with returning to work.
- Assistance with accessing local leisure and social activities.
- Support for carers, and links to other organisations and networks.
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes) of any age, and families and carers of people affected by stroke, living in Sunderland.
For more information, please contact:
- Amy Wilson on email@example.com or 0191 492 6169
- Helen Roxburgh on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0191 731 6774
If you are unable to find a suitable service or group in your area, contact our Stroke Helpline on 0303 3033 100, or email email@example.com, and we may be able to put you in touch with alternative support.