Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS)
Provides independent and impartial advice on employment rights and on resolving disputes in the workplace.

Citizens Advice
Citizens Advice provides free, independent advice on legal matters. You can find your local office on the charity’s main website, along with  information on your rights and entitlements. The website provides information on tions for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Disability Law Service
Helpline: 020 7791 9800
Provides free legal advice to disabled people on specific areas of the law. Can offer a case work service. The website provides factsheets on community care and benefits.

Equality and Human Rights Commission
Provides information on your rights, including information on the Disability Discrimination Act and your rights in employment, education and access to services.

Equality Commission for Northern Ireland
An independent public body working to eliminate discrimination, promote equal opportunities and encourage good relationships between different racial groups in Northern Ireland. Their website has a section on your rights, including information on disability discrimination.

Pensions Advisory Service
Provides information and guidance on all pension issues, including complaints and disputes.


Age UK
Although this charity does not provide personal financial advice, its website also has pages giving general financial advice.

Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG)
Although CPAG cannot give individual advice, the ‘Publications’ section of its website sells a number of publications, including The Paying for Care Handbook.

Government website for information on public services, benefits and your rights. Has separate ections for disabled people and benefits.

The Mobility Trust
This Trust may be able to provide a powered wheelchair or scooter for severely disabled people who cannot get them through statutory sources or pay for them themselves.

Office of the Public Guardian
Telephone: 0300 456 0300
Advises on making decisions about finances, property or personal welfare when someone lacks mental capacity or the ability to communicate their wishes.