About this service
Tower Hamlets Stroke Recovery Service provides high quality information, practical advice and emotional support following a stroke. Whether you are a stroke survivor, carer or family member, we will begin working with you after a stroke. We will continue to provide the support you need, both at home and in the wider community.
This service offers:
- coordinated support throughout your stroke journey
- home visits
- leaflets, factsheets and information about Life after Stroke Grants and benefits
- help with returning to work
- assistance with accessing local leisure and social activities
- support for carers, and links to other organisations and networks.
Who is the service for?
This service is for stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes) of any age, and families and carers of people affected by stroke, living o registered to a GP in Tower Hamlets.
If you are unable to find a suitable service or group in your area, contact our Stroke Helpline on 0303 3033 100, or email email@example.com, and we may be able to put you in touch with alternative support.
Information, Advice and Support Service group meeting
Tower Hamlets Information and Advice Service
Fortnightly on Thursdays between 10:30am and 12:30pm at Age UK East London, Caxton Hall Resource Centre, Caxton Community Hall, Caxton Grove, Bow, E3 2EE.