About this service
Waltham Forest Communication Support Service works with stroke survivors who are living with communication difficulties. Our service can bring you opportunities to develop communication strategies, help rebuild confidence and independence, and get you back to life after stroke.
This service offers:
- A communication support needs assessment.
- Support in a group setting, or on a one-to-one basis at home, from our service coordinator and trained volunteers.
- The opportunity to practise communication, and gain confidence in dealing with everyday situations.
- Information, advice and emotional support.
- Signposting to other organisations that could help.
Who is the service for?
This service is for those who are affected by communication difficulties following a stroke. This includes stroke survivors (including TIAs/mini-strokes) of any age, and people with disabilities caused by stroke, living or registered to a GP in Waltham Forest.
If you are unable to find a suitable service or group in your area, contact our Stroke Helpline on 0303 3033 100, or email email@example.com, and we may be able to put you in touch with alternative support.