Thank you for helping to rebuild the lives of stroke survivors. Our specialist support, research and campaigning are only possible with the generosity of amazing supporters like you.
You're helping to fund:
In the last year alone, your donations have helped fund:
- Our Stroke Association Support Coordinators, who provided face-to-face support for 45,256 people after stroke.
- A £2.1 million investment in stroke research, including £1.1 million on rehabilitation and long-term support.
- Our Helpline, which answered 19,452 enquires, 7% more than last year.
- Blood pressure checks for 35,000 people at our stroke prevention events.
- Our online support tool, My Stroke Guide. An additional 8,313 people signed up to the service.
Thanks to you, stroke survivors are now facing a more promising future.
Our supporter promise
We speak with and communicate to our supporters in many different ways, including via appeal letters, telephone calls, raffles, TV advertising, social media and via our website. We are enormously grateful to everyone who supports us and we want to make sure that everyone we connect with feels respected and valued.
Someone in the UK has a stroke every five minutes, and each year we provide support services, information and advice to over 100,000 people. As a charity, we rely on the generosity of the public to ensure that we can be there for people who are living with the devastation that stroke can bring.
Protecting and respecting our supporters is of the utmost importance to us.
Our promises to you
- We listen to and respect the wishes of our supporters. If you tell us you don't want to hear from us again, or want to change the way you hear from us, then we will respect your decision and promptly honour your request.
- We always monitor and evaluate the companies and people that act on our behalf. We ensure they meet our high expectations and standards of supporter care.
- We will never telephone you unless you have expressed an interest in our work. We will always check that it is convenient to speak with you when we telephone.
- We will never sell your data to anyone else.
- We have a friendly Supporter Care Team that you can email on email@example.com or call on 0300 330 0740.
Our fundraising promise
We are a member of the Fundraising Regulator Scheme, which works in partnership with other regulators and the representative bodies in the charitable and fundraising sectors to build public confidence and ensure consistent fundraising standards across the UK. As members of the scheme, we follow the Fundraising Regulator’s Codes of Fundraising Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the Codes and in this Fundraising Promise.