Thank you for helping to rebuild the lives of stroke survivors. Our specialist support, research and campaigning are only possible with the generosity of amazing supporters like you.
Hear Dr Terry Quinn talk about his research with stroke survivor Ruth, who had two strokes when she was just 30.
You're helping to fund:
- Pioneering research which will save lives and help stroke survivors make the best possible recovery.
- Specialist support services, My Stroke Guide and our Helpline to ensure stroke survivors get the support they need.
My strokes have left me with major memory and thinking problems that hold me back every single day.
No one should have to face these struggles alone. So the idea of more tests and treatments for survivors like me is really encouraging. Perhaps, if my doctors had been able to access quick, accurate tests like Dr Quinn’s team are developing, I may have had some help to get on in life.
Please keep helping the Stroke Association to fund research like this. Survivors like me still have hopes and dreams for the future – for me, it’s finding a job, or one day living independently again.Ruth, stroke survivor
In a single year*, your donations have helped fund:
- Our Stroke Helpline, which supported people with 18,106 enquiries.
- A £1.4 million investment in stroke research.
- Our stroke support groups, which provided peer support to 3,257 people.
- Our 183 coordinator-led services, which helped 43,425 people.
- Our Stroke Association Connect service, which supported 3,496 people being discharged from 140 hospitals and stroke units.
Thanks to you, stroke survivors are now facing a more promising future.
*These statistics are from the 2021-22 Stroke Association Annual Report.
Protecting and respecting our supporters is our priority. We promise to keep your details safe and will never sell them. We will continue to keep you informed by post about opportunities to support us. If you would like to change the way you hear from us just call 0300 3300 740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.