The most popular way to fundraise on social media is to set up a Facebook Fundraiser. Recently introduced, Facebook Fundraisers are an exciting new way for you to help support the Stroke Association. Fundraisers let you raise money on Facebook. Set up a dedicated page and then set your own fundraising goal, add your story (don't worry if you don't want to, we have one in the template ready to go) and then share with your friends. Find out more information on Facebook.
It couldn't be simpler to set up a Facebook Fundraiser:
- Go to our Fundraisers page.
- Follow the instructions, setting a target, end date and your story.
- Choose a cover photo (or use the one provided).
- Click 'Create'.
Or you can add a donation button to a post. To add a donate button to your post:
- Click 'What's on your mind?' on your News Feed or timeline and then follow one of these options:
- Tag the nonprofit, click Post and then click Add Button to confirm that you want to add a donate button, or
- Click Feeling/Activity and scroll down to click Supporting. Select a nonprofit, click Post and then click Add Button to confirm that you want to add the donate button to your post.
We receive 100% of the donations raised, Facebook does not take any charges from the donations that you raise. All your fundraising will go towards supporting stroke survivors.
Instagram now allows charities and their supporters to raise money through their Instagram stories. Create an Instagram Story, add the donation sticker and start raising money. Here's how to:
- In Instagram, open the camera and take or upload a photo that best highlights your cause.
- Tap the sticker icon.
- Select the donation sticker from the tray.
- Select the Stroke Association.
- Customize your fundraiser using Stories creative tools.
- Tap Send to. Then tap Share next to Your Story.
Again 100% of the donations raised will come to the Stroke Assocaition.