Are you looking for a new running challenge? Perhaps you had plans that had to be changed due to COVID-19, but still want to put your training to good use?
Whatever your reason for running, we want to give you the support and opportunity to do so – all whilst raising vital funds to help stroke survivors rebuild their lives after stroke.
One of the great things about a virtual half marathon is that it gives you the flexibility to run at a time and place that is most convenient for you. It could be your local park, or perhaps you want to pave your own path through the streets.
So, sign up today and we’ll send you a pack full of inspiration for your run, tips to help your fundraising and our handy sponsorship form.
Every five minutes, someone in the UK has a stroke. That is over 100,000 strokes a year. Depending on which part of the brain is affected, you may suddenly face communication and physical difficulties, or you may find that your emotions and personality are affected. The impact of a stroke can be completely life-altering, but so can the impact of your help.
- Just £56 could cover the costs of setting up a new volunteer, so they are ready to support voluntary groups in their community
- £217 could pay for one hour of Helpline activity, helping the families of stroke survivors support their loved ones after stroke.
- £500 could help pay for a five-year Senior Lectureship Award, a critical research role that facilitates life-changing discoveries to prevent and treat stroke.
- £1,000 could pay for start-up funds for 10 voluntary groups, helping them to start providing crucial peer support in their community.
- £4,000 could pay for engaging videos to be developed for My Stroke Guide for one year, enabling users to give and get vital support.
Whatever your personal fundraising target is, it’s thanks to you that more people affected by stroke are now facing a more promising future.
With your support, we can help stroke survivors rebuild their lives during this difficult time. Thank you.
Paying in your donations
Once you’ve run your virtual half marathon and it's time to send in your donations, you can do so here.