Our work relies heavily on the generosity of our supporters. Without you we could do very little. Your support helps fund:
In the last year alone we have been able to provide £200,000 worth of Life After Stroke Grants to stroke survivors in need. We have distributed over 1.7 million stroke information leaflets and factsheets to help people find out more about stroke. We've approved £4.78 million worth of research grants to help us find the next big breakthroughs of the future.
Stroke survivors are now facing a more promising future thanks to you.
Together we can conquer stroke.
Our supporter promise
We talk to our supporters in many different ways, including appeal letters, telephone calls, raffles, TV advertising and online via our website. We are enormously grateful to everyone who supports us and we want to make sure everyone we come into contact with feels respected and valued.
Someone in the UK has a stroke every five minutes, and each year we provide support, information and advice to over 100,000 people. As a charity, we rely on the generosity of the public to ensure that we can be there for people who are living with the devastation that stroke can bring.
Protecting our supporters is of the utmost importance to us.
Our promises to you
- We listen to and respect the wishes of our supporters. If you tell us you don't want to hear from us again, or want to change the way you hear from us, then we will respect your decision and do as you request.
- We always monitor and evaluate the companies and people that act on our behalf. We ensure they meet our high expectations and standards of supporter care.
- We will never telephone you unless you have expressed an interest in our work to support people affected by stroke. We will always check that it is convenient to speak with you when we telephone.
- We will never sell your data to anyone else. Furthermore, we will never share your data without your permission.
- We have a friendly Supporter Care Team that you can email on email@example.com or call on 0300 330 0740.
Our fundraising promise
We are members of the Fundraising Standards Board self-regulatory scheme. The Fundraising Standards Board works to ensure that organisations raising money for charity from the public do so honestly and properly. As members of the scheme, we follow the Institute of Fundraising’s Codes of Fundraising Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the Codes and in this Fundraising Promise.