Our work relies heavily on the generosity of our supporters. Without you we could do very little. Your support helps fund:
In the last year alone we have been able to provide £200,000 worth of Life After Stroke Grants to stroke survivors in need. We have distributed over 1.7 million stroke information leaflets and factsheets to help people find out more about stroke. We've approved £4.78 million worth of research grants to help us find the next big breakthroughs of the future.
Stroke survivors are now facing a more promising future thanks to you.
Together we can conquer stroke.
Our supporter promise
We speak with and communicate to our supporters in many different ways, including via appeal letters, telephone calls, raffles, TV advertising, social media and via our website. We are enormously grateful to everyone who supports us and we want to make sure that everyone we connect with feels respected and valued.
Someone in the UK has a stroke every five minutes, and each year we provide support services, information and advice to over 100,000 people. As a charity, we rely on the generosity of the public to ensure that we can be there for people who are living with the devastation that stroke can bring.
Protecting and respecting our supporters is of the utmost importance to us.
Our promises to you
- We listen to and respect the wishes of our supporters. If you tell us you don't want to hear from us again, or want to change the way you hear from us, then we will respect your decision and promptly honour your request.
- We always monitor and evaluate the companies and people that act on our behalf. We ensure they meet our high expectations and standards of supporter care.
- We will never telephone you unless you have expressed an interest in our work. We will always check that it is convenient to speak with you when we telephone.
- We will never sell your data to anyone else.
- We have a friendly Supporter Care Team that you can email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0300 330 0740.
Our fundraising promise
We are a member of the Fundraising Regulator Scheme which work in partnership with other regulators and the representative bodies in the charitable and fundraising sectors to build public confidence and ensure consistent fundraising standards across the UK. As members of the scheme, we follow the Fundraising Regulator’s Codes of Fundraising Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the Codes and in this Fundraising Promise.