At the Stroke Association, we want to put people affected by stroke at the heart of everything we do. To achieve this, we are looking to work with a group of 12 individuals from across all of the London Boroughs with diverse experiences and backgrounds, who can share knowledge gained from lived experience of stroke to:
- Be a source of local knowledge.
- Provide input and give feedback.
- Support projects, and the development of plans and services.
- Provide advice about how best we can reach more people affected by stroke.
- Provide new ideas.
We are looking for people who:
- Have lived experience of stroke whether this is as a stroke survivor, carer or family member who supports a stroke survivor.
- Can participate in group discussions and listen to and respect differing opinions.
- Are comfortable with asking and answering questions.
- Can read and absorb information (with support if needed).
- Are interested in improvements to Stroke care and Life after Stroke services.
- Be able to access Microsoft Teams or Zoom video conferencing.
- Live within London.
- One-hour meeting every 6 to 8 weeks.
- Ideally available for a minimum of 12 months.
- Active participation in meetings which will be held either in person or on-line.
- Attending meetings, reviewing documents between meetings and providing feedback.
How we will support you:
- We will provide you with support and training to take on this role.
- Completing the application process over the telephone or online.
- Using or installing Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
- We will discuss individually all accessibility needs - for example, the most accessible way for you to feedback your ideas.
- You will have a point of contact at the Stroke Association to answer questions and listen to feedback.
Interested in applying?
If you need support, please contact the team.
If you are interested in this role, please provide:
- London Borough you live in.
- Preferred contact method.
Phone: 07703 320982
Closing date: Friday, 29 September 2023