Are you a stroke survivor, carer or family member who supports a stroke survivor? Then we would like to hear from you to support our work.
At the Stroke Association, we want to put people affected by stroke at the heart of everything we do.
To achieve this locally, we are looking to recruit individuals from across the Suffolk and Northeast Essex area with diverse experiences and backgrounds, who can share knowledge and insight gained from lived experience of stroke to:
- Provide insight and give feedback on how our services are delivered locally for people affected by stroke.
- Support projects, and the development of plans and services across the area.
- Provide advice about how best we can reach more people affected by stroke.
- Provide new ideas for ways of working to meet local priorities.
We are looking for people who:
- Have lived experience of stroke whether this is as a stroke survivor, carer or family member who supports a stroke survivor.
- With support can participate in group discussions, ask questions and be honest.
- Are willing to be a voice for people affected by stroke in Suffolk and Northeast Essex.
Requirements will vary depending but may include:
- Attending monthly online meetings, using Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
- Reviewing information.
- Contributing to focus groups or interviews.
- Ideally available for a minimum of 12 months.
We will provide you with support and training to take on this role, for example;
- Completing the application process over the telephone or online.
- Using or installing Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
- We will discuss individually all accessibility needs, for example, Aphasia.
Interested in this role?
If you are interested in this role, please provide your Name, Email, Telephone, County/City you live, and preferred contact method to the Midlands Locality Team on:
Phone/WhatsApp or Text: Louise Hornagold – 07983 342638
Thank you for your interest, we will be in contact soon.
If you are unsuccessful in your application for this project due to the limited number of spaces, the Involvement Team may contact you in the future with alternative involvement projects.
If you do not wish to be contacted about alternative opportunities, please say in your initial email or contact us at email@example.com.