Take action on stroke
Stroke strikes every five minutes, and there are currently over 1.2 million stroke survivors in the UK.
As the UK’s leading stroke charity, the Stroke Association provides specialist support to stroke survivors and their families to help them rebuild their lives after a stroke.
We deliver support services, campaign for better stroke care, invest in pioneering research and push for greater awareness of stroke and its risk factors.
We reached nearly 70,000 people last year, but with the number of stroke survivors expected to double to over two million by 2035, we know that we have to do more.
With the support of trusts, foundations and individual philanthropists, we can reach even more people whose lives have been touched by stroke.
Our experienced Philanthropy Team are ready to discuss your particular interests and work with you to ensure that your donation makes a significant impact on stroke survivors.
Our focus is on developing relationships with donors to ensure that we can align your objectives with our exciting new strategy and work together to rebuild lives after stroke.
What we offer
- A dedicated point of contact and regular updates on the impact of your support.
- Recognition opportunities for significant donations.
- Insightful donor visits to experience first-hand the impact of your donation.
- A lively programme of events, including our annual Keynote Lecture, presented by a leader in the field of stroke research, and our Life After Stroke Awards, which honour the courage of stroke survivors and their loved ones.
How you can help
Our supporters donate to a range of innovative programmes and services that help us to prevent stroke and improve the lives of stroke survivors and their families. For example:
- Our Helpline provides information and emotional support for stroke survivors, their families and carers.
- My Stroke Guide is a digital self-management tool to make sure stroke survivors are never alone in their recovery.
- Our Stroke Clubs and Groups provide crucial long-term support to anyone affected by stroke in their communities.
We also fund research and, thanks to the generosity of our supporters, we are nurturing the next generation of stroke experts who are dedicated to preventing strokes, saving lives and supporting people to recover to the greatest extent possible after stroke.
While stroke research does not benefit from the same level of funding as other fatal conditions, it represents one of the greatest medical research success stories of recent times. In the last twenty years, the number of fatal strokes has been halved and rehabilitation practices transformed.
The revolutionary treatment your support has enabled: Thrombectomy
Thrombectomy is a pioneering new clot retrieval procedure that will save lives and reduce disability for thousands of stroke survivors.
Following the Stroke Association’s leadership in funding the first feasibility study into this procedure, since 2016 NHS England has committed to rolling out thrombectomy services UK-wide.
In addition, NHS England’s new Long Term Plan not only names stroke as a national priority but includes the goal of enabling ten times more patients to get thrombectomy by 2022.
These incredible achievements would not have been possible without the research we funded.
Work with us
Together we can realise our vision of a world where there are fewer strokes and all those affected by stroke get the help they need to live the life they want.
If you would like to make a donation or to discuss our work further, please contact us using the details below. Ask to speak to Patty Da Silva about individual gifts or Abbie Jackson if you are a Trust or Foundation.
- Phone: 020 3873 5730
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stroke destroys lives; help us to rebuild them.