Ref: V188 | Wales | Six hours per month
This volunteering role is UK based, therefore whilst volunteering for us, you must be resident in the UK and we are unable to support a sponsorship application.
We’re looking for at least ten Community Connectors over the age of 18 years old, based in various locations across Wales including the Betsi Cadwaladr, Hywel Dda and Powys areas.
You’ll be volunteering approximately six hours per month. Dates and times will be agreed with the volunteer.
You could be:
- Providing valuable support to our teams based within the region.
- Building relationships with people and organisations to raise awareness of stroke and the Stroke Association.
- Engaging with your local community to represent the Stroke Association could include delivering presentations or talks face-to-face or digitally.
- Sharing your knowledge and experience of stroke with others.
- Researching and gathering information relating to life after stroke services.
- Supporting the process of volunteer recruitment and training.
- Attending fundraising events, including donation collections.
*We would be delighted if you could perform all of these tasks, however, we will be happy to accept enquiries from you if you can provide selected suitable support.
What the role can offer you personally:
- Learning and developing new skills.
- Meeting new people, building a network and engaging with your local community.
- An opportunity to get together (either face-to-face or digitally) with other volunteers from Wales.
- Invitations to join national volunteer events to network and share experiences.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is not required for this role but a PVG check is required in Scotland.
Interested in this role?
Find out more by downloading the role description for the Community Connector role.
We want to reduce barriers to inclusion. Help us understand who is applying for and getting roles with us by completing our equal opportunities form. This helps us continue to identify anything that’s getting in the way of people looking to join us. This information does not form part of your application.
If you would like further information, please contact Colin Evans, Engagement Officer, Wales on 07984 357191 or email@example.com.