Towngate Theatre Cafe, Basildon
We’re looking for two volunteers to support clients at a working age support group in the Towngate Theatre Cafe, Basildon.
Our Life After Stroke service groups play an important role in:
- Ensuring that stroke survivors do not become socially isolated.
- Helping to build the confidence and self-esteem of the people who attend.
As a Voluntary Group Supporter, you will be part of a team assisting in the running of one (or more) of these service groups.
You’ll encourage conversation between clients and support as necessary. Some of our clients have communication issues, so they might need more support than some of the other participants.
The volunteers will:
- Need to be over the age of 18 years old, however we will consider work experience placements for students attending college and university.
- Need to be available fortnightly on a Monday from 10am to 11.30am.
- Be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at an enhanced or standard level as part of the requirement of the role.
If you are interested in this role or would like further information on any aspects of our work, then please contact Michelle Turner, Stroke Association Support Coordinator, on 07940 107844 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Stroke Association. Rebuilding lives after stroke.
When stroke strikes, part of your brain shuts down. And so does a part of you. That’s because a stroke happens in the brain, the control centre for who we are and what we can do. It happens every five minutes in the UK and changes lives instantly. Recovery is tough, but with the right specialist support and a ton of courage and determination, the brain can adapt. Our specialist support, research and campaigning are only possible with the courage and determination of the stroke community.
We believe everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there.
We provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives.
Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join our team.