Based in Gloucester
We want to use your local knowledge of Cheltenham/Gloucester to pick a suitable, accessible and comfortable venue for this group to be held. The responsiblities of the role would be to help run, support and develop this group alongside the Stroke Association, ultimately taking the lead on it with us as a support. We need one person aged over 18.
About the role
Our voluntary groups play an important role in ensuring that stroke survivors do not become socially isolated. They also help to build the confidence and self-esteem of the people who attend. Our Stroke Group Supporters assist in the running of one, or sometimes more, of these local voluntary groups
Tasks in this role can include:
- Assisting group committee members in arranging activities and events for the group by providing information and contacting local activity and/or service providers.
- Supporting people to take part in activities organised for the group.
- Supporting Stroke Association Voluntary Group committee members in setting up and clearing away venues where the group meets.
- Meeting and greeting group members, including supporting new members to be welcomed and supported.
- Preparing and providing access to refreshments.
- Potentially helping with other tasks that ensure the smooth running of the group such as risk assessments, first aid and compiling user feedback.
Please read the full role description before applying.
Stroke Association. Rebuilding lives after stroke.
When stroke strikes, part of your brain shuts down. And so does a part of you. That’s because a stroke happens in the brain, the control centre for who we are and what we can do. It happens every five minutes in the UK and changes lives instantly. Recovery is tough, but with the right specialist support and a ton of courage and determination, the brain can adapt. Our specialist support, research and campaigning are only possible with the courage and determination of the stroke community.
We believe everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there.
We provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives.
Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join our team.