This volunteering role is UK based, therefore whilst volunteering for us, you must be resident in the UK and we are unable to support a sponsorship application.
Ref: V140 | Voluntary Group Treasurer | New Oscott Retirement Village, B23 5LD
We’re looking for one to two Voluntary Group Treasurers, over the age of 18 years old, to join our group. Once our group reopens, you'll be based at New Oscott Retirement Village, Fosseway Drive, Chester Road, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, B23 5LD.
You would be volunteering fortnightly on a Tuesday, 10:30 am - 1 pm.
Stroke Association Voluntary Groups provide long term social and peer support to people affected by stroke. They organise events and meet together to reduce social isolation and rebuild the confidence of members. A Voluntary group treasurer takes on specific roles and responsibilities in managing and reporting on the finances of the group.
As a voluntary group treasurer, you will be responsible for these kinds of tasks:
- Keeping an ongoing record of all group income/expenditure using our Monthly Account Spreadsheet and ensuring all expenses and invoices are paid on time.
- Administering the group’s bank account, including banking any cash or cheques, and potentially acting as a card or petty cash holder.
- Holding all paperwork and records relevant to the group’s finances and submitting monthly accounts to the main local office.
- Ensuring the group complies with the financial guidelines as set out in the “Voluntary Group Handbook”.
- Responding to any financial correspondence regarding the group, including keeping staff informed of relevant financial information.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check may be required for this role.
Interested in this role?
Find out more by downloading the role description for the Voluntary Group Treasurer role.
We want to reduce barriers to inclusion. Help us understand who’s applying for and getting roles with us by completing our Equal Opportunities Form. This helps us continue to identify anything that’s getting in the way of people looking to join us. This information does not form part of your application.
If you would like further information, please contact Jodie Drust, Engagement Officer by email at Jodie.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07703 320 660.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, interviews will be held via video conferencing. Please let us know if this will present any challenges when you email your application.